GENERAL GUIDANCE FROM WASHINGTON YOUTH SOCCER:
Read more at: Phase 2/Return to Play Safety Plan PDF
- Be smart. If you are sick, stay home. This applies to everyone: players,coaches,and parents. If you have been sick, stay home for 14 days after recovery.
- Screening: Greet all participants before practice and ask if they have been sick in the last 14 days or in direct contact with a person who is sick. Send home immediately if the answer is ‘yes.’
- Sanitize: Have hand sanitizer available and encourage handwashing before and after all activities
- Physical play. Facilitate soccer activities that eliminate physical contact. All drills and small-sided games should have as little physical contact as possible.
- No high-fives, handshakes. or hugs: As much as we want to physically connect, this is not a safe practice for anybody right now
- Masks: Coaches, players and spectators should wear a mask before, during, and after all practices and games..
- Drop-off/pick·up: If possible, parents should remain in car for drop-off and pick-up. All spectators must remain 6 feet apart.
- Waterbottles: To minimize accidental sharing of water, players must keep their waterbottles in their own bag when not in use.
- Have fun, stay positive: Everyone is looking to each other to stay calm, supportive,and compassionate during this time
WHEN WILL GAMES OFFICIALLY BEGIN?
Games start February 27th, for Everett FC Teams. Please consult your TeamSnap calendar or contact your team leadership, with any team specific questions.
WILL SPECTATORS BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND GAMES?
Spectators must remain more than 10 feet away from the field of play and maintain six (6) feet between each person. Masks are required. Each location will have specific instructions on where spectators can be. Please refer to posted signage and/or refer to any maps provided by your team’s leadership. NO ONE THAT IS SICK OR HAS SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS SUGGESTIVE OF COVID-19 SHOULD ATTEND.
WHAT WILL FACE MASK EXPECTATIONS BE FOR EYSC PLAYERS?
-EYSC Players will be being issued a neck gaiter style mask, as part of their uniform. Masks are required at all times.
-Standard masks, that are currently being used at practices, will still be required on all normal training days.
WHAT WILL DISTANCING EXPECTATIONS BE FOR EYSC PLAYERS?
Players are still expected to maintain six (6) feet of distance between themselves and other people, while on the sidelines and in huddles. EYSC will be providing each team with a few folding stools, in place of normal sideline benches, to allow for adequate spacing between seats.
CAN TENTS BE UTILIZED ON GAME DAY?
Teams will only be allowed to set-up open-sided pop-up tents, at this time. (Domed sideline shelters are not social distancing compliant.) The pop-up tents are anticipated to be for equipment protection and coaches use. The minimum six (6) foot spacing requirements will make it impossible for players to safely congregate underneath tents. If the game day roster happens to leave your athlete’s team with two or less players on the bench AND if six (6) foot spacing can be maintained, it will be at the coaches discretion to invite players underneath the tent —for that competition.
WHO, AT EYSC, DO I NOTIFY IF MY PLAYER IS EXPOSED TO A POSITIVE (OR PRESUMED POSITIVE) COVID CASE?
Our designated COVID contact representative:
WHAT OTHER SAFETY MEASURES ARE BEING IMPLEMENTED?
ATTENDANCE & CONTACT TRACING:
EYSC issued attendance binders to every team’s leadership group. Attendance will be kept for all practices and games, for the foreseeable future. Any athletes, coaches, EYSC personnel, family members and/or any other people (adults or youth) to come in contact with the team, will be verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms and logged onto our daily attendance sheet. In the unfortunate event that someone within our community is to unexpectedly contract COVID-19, we will be able to quickly notify all potentially exposed parties so that they may consult with their healthcare professional(s) and/or safely quarantine —if needed.
Coaches have all been issued a full sanitation kit that includes a supply of: hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and wipes —for equipment, extra masks and a stocked first aid kit. Replenishment of these supplies will be available, by EYSC, whenever needed. Coaches will have sanitation supplies available for athletes use, at all EYSC events. Please have your athlete check with their coach on how to access these items, at both practices and games.
EYSC encourages everyone to practice good hygiene. Frequently wash hands with soap & water, for at least 20 seconds or more. Always cover any sneezes or coughs. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains 60-95% alcohol content. Do not share water bottles, uniforms, towels, or snacks.